Who says a plant based, whole food diet is expensive? Most of this stuff you probably already have! You can serve it over rice or noodles, or eat it alone! It’s a great, filling meal!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. minced garlic
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 diced onion
- 1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed ($.68 at Wal-Mart)
- 1 large zucchinni, halved and sliced ($1.53 at Wal-Mart, probably cheaper in summer!)
- 1 tsp. dried cilantro
- 1 large tomato, chopped (or 2 medium tomatoes) ($1 at Wal-Mart)
- salt, to taste
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Stir in oregano, basil, garlic, pepper, and onion. Add garbanzo beans and zucchinni, cover and cook 10 minutes, stirring occassionally.
- Stir in cilantro, cook three minutes. Place chopped tomato on top, cover and let steam for 3 minutes. Don’t let the tomato get mushy. Stir altogether.
Here’s the nutritional information:
Serves 4, 167 calories, 4.7 grams fiber, and 4.6 grams protein
I added salt to my original bowl, but not to the entire pot. Do whatever works best for you for seasonings. I felt it needed salt, but some may not.